Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, 2012

It's a new year, and it's going to be a big one.

 The Milwaukee Writers Workshop will soon (i.e. this week) be a full-on business with dues and a budget. Oh man! It's going to be hectic and wonderful all at the same time. It's also going to allow us to do a lot more, provide a lot more, and expand in the future.

 In writing news, I've been working on a NaNo-driven rewrite of my infamous "Charles novel," now tentatively titled "The Mechanics of Man." It's a 12-year-old project, and it's given me a lot of trouble over the years, but I finally extracted what I think is the most intriguing aspects of the story and woven a nice plot. So I am excited for that.

 I also started a graphic novel project with an artist for the steampunk series I started after CONvergence in July. That's exciting.

 Lastly, I will be starting up the new science fiction short story analysis blog shortly, along with a host of good friends and stellar writers. Keep an out for that, as I'll certainly plug it here.

 Happy New Year!

No comments: