Monday, December 1, 2008

So Many Projects

So I've been toying with the idea of an episodic blog. There are a number of blogs out there that are written in character by some creation of the author. I'm looking to do something entirely different (and it's been done to some degree before - at least as far as I'm aware, though I can't seem to find any examples). I have the notion to write a story in episodes and post it on a blog: easy enough, right? Let's hope.

I also have a few short stories to finish. Those shouldn't be too tough. I also have the rest of the steampunk piece I've been working on. After that, it gets a little hazy, but there are some other things, too. My wife says it shouldn't matter that I have so many projects going "as long as I'm writing". I suppose in a way that it's ok; however, I tend to get distracted and lose site of what the story is doing at the moment if I don't stay on it. Then it wanders - as I mentioned last time - and it comes out at the other end with no plot and little resolution. I'm hoping that by plotting things out it'll help that.

On a completely different note, it snowed here last night (and still is a bit). It's the first real snow of the year, and it makes me want to bundle up and just stay inside. Only, most of the time I don't really want to write because that makes my fingers cold. But the fan in our heater was just replaced, so we won't have to worry about it getting cold in the apartment, which means I should be ok. :-)

My challenges this winter, I think, will be to keep on task and to keep to as few projects as possible to get at least some of them done. I did get my contract for "Affections Between Space", though, and that will be up on www.bigpulp.com on January 12. I'm excited for that.

No comments: